Legion wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropzone Commader - What do you all think?

3 posters

Go down

Dropzone Commader - What do you all think? Empty Dropzone Commader - What do you all think?

Post  Arkh Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

I've always wanted a good 10-15mm scale sci-fi game. The miniature line for this one is great and the concept seems like it has potential. My only concern for the game at this point is the fact that this game is a 1-man show. I have a feeling it is going to either A. have balance issues... or B. The 4 factions will be so similar that the game ends up being boring.

I guess only time will tell.

http://www.hawkwargames.com/collections/united-colonies-of-mankind-ucm

Arkh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dropzone Commader - What do you all think? Empty Re: Dropzone Commader - What do you all think?

Post  Moonweasel Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 pm

The whole line looks great. I especially like the aesthetic of the post-Human Republic. Reminds me of the Tau in Warhammer 40000.

I've been toying with getting into 15mm. Flames of War and other games like it are intriguing to me, but I'm definitely more into science fiction than real-world military games.

The new Warhammer 40000 rulebook is $75, which is seriously killing whatever interest I still had in that game. If it looks like I wouldn't be the only one buying the models, I'd consider diverting those funds into a PHR starter army / rulebook.
Moonweasel
Moonweasel

Back to top Go down

Dropzone Commader - What do you all think? Empty Re: Dropzone Commader - What do you all think?

Post  Arkh Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:37 pm

I certainly appreciate the low cost of the rule book on this game. $23 retail which includes all armies and all rules? yes please...

I'd be playing the united colonies if we get some interested people.

Arkh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BobofDoom Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 pm

I was planning on getting all the starter sets and I already have the rule book pre-ordered from the site. It better be good since shipping was 20 GBP...

BobofDoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum